Welcome to this week’s episode of Hot Takedown, our podcast where the hot sports takes of the week meet the numbers that prove them right or tear them down. On this week’s show (July 7, 2015), we discuss whether the U.S. women’s national soccer team is a dynasty, review NBA free agency and turn to the MLB All-Star Game. Plus, our Significant Digit of the week: Serena Williams’s great record in the third set of matches.
Stream the episode by clicking the play button, or subscribe using one of the podcast clients we’ve linked to above.
Below are some links to what we discuss on this week’s show:
- Nate Silver says the U.S. women’s national team may be the greatest World Cup dynasty of all time.
- Jill Ellis was the villain — and then she fixed it all!
- The Mavs get DeAndre Jordan.
- Neil Paine on the Royals dominating the All-Star Game.
- Significant Digit: Serena Williams’s 17 straight wins when she reaches the third set.
If you’re a fan of our podcasts, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave a rating/review. That helps spread the word to other listeners. And get in touch by email, on Twitter or in the comments. Tell us what you think, send us hot takes to discuss and tell us why we’re wrong.