Last week, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham introduced a national 15-week abortion ban, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer postponed a vote on the Respect for Marriage Act. In Part 1 of this installment of the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast, the crew discusses the strategies behind this proposal — and postponement — before the midterm elections. The team also covers some original reporting on Colorado Republican congressional candidate Erik Aadland, who told voters in private that how he talks about the legitimacy of the 2020 election depends on whom he’s talking to.
More in Politics Podcast
- Americans Are Lonely. That Has Political Consequences. Feb 2, 2023
- There Are Actually Some Big Elections Happening In 2023 Jan 30, 2023
- What Would It Mean If South Carolina Voted First In The Democratic Primary Jan 30, 2023
- Do GOP Leaders Want Trump In 2024? Jan 30, 2023
- Will Tyre Nichols's Murder Finally Make Congress Do Something About Police Reform? Jan 31, 2023
- How The Baby Boom Changed American Politics Jan 26, 2023
Want the latest politics news? Get it in your inbox.
You are now subscribed!