On Monday, The Daily Beast reported that Herschel Walker, the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Georgia who has campaigned on being anti-abortion, paid for his then-girlfriend’s abortion in 2009. Walker has denied the allegation. In this installment of the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast, the crew discusses how the scandals surrounding Walker have evolved over the course of his Senate campaign and how this could affect the outcome of the race. They break down how candidate misconduct is generally factored into the FiveThirtyEight model and if this newest allegation will even be considered a scandal by the model’s standards.
More in Politics Podcast
- The Model Always Had Its Doubts About The Red Wave Feb 7, 2023
- Americans Are Lonely. That Has Political Consequences. Feb 2, 2023
- There Are Actually Some Big Elections Happening In 2023 Jan 30, 2023
- What Would It Mean If South Carolina Voted First In The Democratic Primary Jan 30, 2023
- Will Tyre Nichols's Murder Finally Make Congress Do Something About Police Reform? Jan 31, 2023
- Do GOP Leaders Want Trump In 2024? Jan 30, 2023
Want the latest politics news? Get it in your inbox.
You are now subscribed!