FiveThirtyEight’s midterms forecast continues to show Democrats and Republicans in a dead heat Senate race, with Republicans taking a very slight advantage. Recent polls have sent some contradictory messages, but the long and short of it is that seven races are now separated by a three points or less polling average. Nate Silver and Galen Druke discuss what to make of it in this installment of “Model Talk” for the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast. They also answer listener questions and ponder whether analysts actually believe the polls anymore.
More in 2022 Election
- Why Is Biden Moving To The Political Center? Mar 23, 2023
- The Polls Got It Right In 2022. Here Are The Pollsters To Trust. Mar 10, 2023
- Will Democrats Rally Behind President Biden In 2024? Feb 27, 2023
- The Model Always Had Its Doubts About The Red Wave Feb 7, 2023
- Why Biden Is Losing Support Among Voters Of Color Sep 11, 2023
- Should We Trust Polls Campaigns Leak To The Press? Sep 6, 2023
Want the latest politics news? Get it in your inbox.
You are now subscribed!