FiveThirtyEight’s midterms forecast continues to show Democrats and Republicans in a dead heat Senate race, with Republicans taking a very slight advantage. Recent polls have sent some contradictory messages, but the long and short of it is that seven races are now separated by a three points or less polling average. Nate Silver and Galen Druke discuss what to make of it in this installment of “Model Talk” for the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast. They also answer listener questions and ponder whether analysts actually believe the polls anymore.
More in 2022 Election
- The Model Always Had Its Doubts About The Red Wave Feb 7, 2023
- Do You Buy That ... Young Voters Handed Democrats Wins In Close Races? Jan 3, 2023
- What I've Learned After Seven Years Of Making The Politics Podcast Dec 19, 2022
- Where Americans Voted To Protect Abortion Rights In The Midterms Dec 5, 2022
- The State Of The Union Was A Preview Of Biden's Likely Reelection Campaign Feb 8, 2023
- Americans Are Lonely. That Has Political Consequences. Feb 2, 2023
Want the latest politics news? Get it in your inbox.
You are now subscribed!