There’s been plenty of confusion surrounding the decisions that the NCAA Tournament selection committee made for this year’s bracket. Accusations of underseeding and overseeding abound. But do the numbers bear it all out? In this video, Neil Paine and Reuben Fischer-Baum dig deep into FiveThirtyEight’s March Madness predictions to uncover the most head-scratching seedings, including a batch of 11-seeds ready to wreak havoc on your bracket.
More in March Madness
- UConn Is Finally An Underdog In The Women’s Final Four Apr 3, 2019
- The Contrarian’s Guide To Picking The Final Four Mar 20, 2019
- Gonzaga Has The Numbers, But UNC Has The Pedigree Apr 3, 2017
- How Oregon And South Carolina Can Make Another Upset Happen Mar 29, 2017
- Americans Are Lonely. That Has Political Consequences. Feb 2, 2023
- Will Tyre Nichols's Murder Finally Make Congress Do Something About Police Reform? Jan 31, 2023
Want more FiveThirtyEight? Get our weekly most popular stories newsletter.
You are now subscribed!