We’re hiring another copy editor! We’re looking for the usual profile of a good FiveThirtyEight copy editor: a Web-savvy, data-literate stickler for clean prose and clear reasoning. For this position, though, we’re also looking for someone to help out our social media team.
So, are you a grammatical whiz who can construct a compelling tweet? Come work with us (the job is based in New York). The basic requirements for the position are below, but you can check out the full job description and apply here.
- The individual in this position must be fluent in the FiveThirtyEight voice. Candidates must be able to demonstrate they are gifted in editorial speed and news judgment.
- The candidate must be extensively familiar with HTML, as well as at least one well-developed style guide such as the following: The Associated Press Stylebook or The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage.
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of editing experience.
- The candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge of an array of topic areas pursuant to FiveThirtyEight’s major verticals, such as news, politics, sports, science, culture and economics.
- The candidate must be comfortable working with and checking the accuracy of numbers.
- The candidate must have a minimum of one year of demonstrated expertise with social media platform execution for a major newspaper or digital media project.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload, including excellent time-management skills.