This week’s episode of Hot Takedown mourns the end of March Madness and celebrates the start of the NBA playoffs. With the race for the NBA’s Most Valuable Player still up in the air, Robin Lundberg makes the case for Giannis Antetokounmpo over James Harden. We see if there’s data to move the needle either way.
It’s Masters week! With the most anticipated event in golf nearly underway, the team breaks down the prospects for Tiger Woods in a crowded field of contenders. Could this be Tiger’s last chance at the green jacket? His start to the season shows potential, but the game has changed since he last dominated.
For our Rabbit Hole of the Week, inspired by her Minnesota Twins, Sara goes back to 1908 to track MLB players hitting for the cycle.
Here’s what we’re looking at this week:
- A spontaneous Google search during this episode on the use of data in MVP determinations landed on this Nate Silver throwback.
- We’re glued to the FiveThirtyEight NBA Predictions.
- Basketball-Reference.com’s 2018-2019 MVP Tracker is an excellent resource.
- In anticipation of the masters, Neil examines Tiger Woods’s chance at the jacket.
- From our Rabbit Hole, Bengie Molina’s ridiculous cycle.