Welcome to this week’s episode of Hot Takedown, our podcast where the hot sports takes of the week meet the numbers that prove them right or tear them down. This week, we discuss the start of March Madness and what the FiveThirtyEight men’s and women’s brackets reveal; whether Chip Kelly is a free-agency genius; and the retirement of 49ers linebacker Chris Borland at the age of 24.
Stream the episode by clicking play above, or subscribe using one of the podcast clients below.
Links to what we discuss in this week’s show:
- FiveThirtyEight’s March Madness predictions.
- Ken Pomeroy’s college basketball ratings.
- Seth Davis’s story in Sports Illustrated about the pace of play in men’s college basketball.
- The UConn women’s team’s incredible margin of victory this season.
- Neil’s conversation with Benjamin Morris and Walt Hickey about Chip Kelly’s mad spree.
- Chris Borland talks about his decision to retire from football.
If you’re a fan of our podcasts, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave a rating/review. That helps spread the word to other listeners. And get in touch by email, on Twitter or in the comments. Tell us what you think, send us hot takes to discuss and tell us why we’re wrong.