Welcome to the latest episode of Hot Takedown, our podcast where the hot sports takes of the week meet the numbers that prove them right or tear them down. On this week’s show (Feb. 9, 2016), we discuss the Denver Broncos’ defensive domination of the Carolina Panthers in Sunday’s Super Bowl matchup, we dissect Cam Newton’s postgame comments, and we revisit little Leicester City and its amazing run to the top of the English Premier League.
Stream the episode by clicking the play button, or subscribe using one of the podcast clients we’ve linked to above. Links to what we discussed are here:
- Neil Paine on Peyton Manning’s weird season.
- Kyle Wagner says quarterbacks never do well under pressure.
- Sam Monson at Pro Football Focus explains how Cam Newton was let down by the Panthers’ play calls.
- Mike Goodman says Leicester doesn’t need luck to make it to the Champions League.
- Significant Digit: 3. The number of years the women’s national soccer team has not had a collective bargaining agreement.
If you’re a fan of our podcasts, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave a rating/review. That helps spread the word to other listeners. And get in touch by email, on Twitter or in the comments. Tell us what you think, send us hot takes to discuss and tell us why we’re wrong.