Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | ESPN App | Download | RSS | New to podcasts?
Welcome to the latest episode of Hot Takedown, FiveThirtyEight’s sports podcast. On this week’s show (Jan. 17, 2017), we discuss how Aaron Rodgers led the Packers to victory in one of the most exciting NFL playoff games in recent memory. Plus, we preview next weekend’s AFC and NFC championship matchups. Next, ESPN Insider’s Mike Goodman drops by to school us on what’s going on in the English Premier League as the title race gets going. Finally, we add our 2 cents to the speculation about Carmelo Anthony potentially leaving the Knicks. Plus, a significant digit on Alex Rodriguez’s future as a TV host.
- In case you missed it, ESPN recapped the Packers’ 34-31 victory over the Cowboys.
- The Cowboys-Packers game was as great as it seemed, writes Neil Paine.
- Bill Barnwell wrote for Grantland on why icing the kicker does not work.
- ESPN’s Dan Graziano reflected on the four biggest questions in next weekend’s conference championships.
- Our NFL predictions will continue to be updated throughout the playoffs.
- In the other type of football, the BBC took at look at how the top six are shaping up in the English Premier League.
- Deadspin’s Tom Ley investigates the latest speculation that Carmelo Anthony may leave the Knicks.
- Significant Digit: $21 million, the reported salary that A-Rod will be paid by the Yankees next season. He won’t actually be playing for the team, but instead hosting “Back in the Game,” a new CNBC reality show that will feature a panel of experts advising former professional athletes who are struggling financially.